At OceanaGold, we want everyone to feel they belong and are accepted, included and respected.
For us to be successful together, we need a workplace that is diverse, inclusive and fair.
We come from different backgrounds. When we feel accepted, included and respected for who we are, we can speak openly, listen and understand. Diversity is a strength; it helps us create new ideas and find better ways of doing things. A diverse organisation will allow people to open up more and give them confidence to contribute to the organisation.
- Treat everyone fairly, consistently and respectfully.
- Consider how our words and actions are received by others.
- Recognise and celebrate people for their contributions and achievements.
- Actively listen to learn from other’s views and experiences.
- Provide people with opportunities to speak openly and share ideas.
- Embrace individual differences.
- Speak up if we see someone being treated unfairly.
- Role model inclusive behaviours and talk about why diversity, fairness and inclusion matters.
- Making quick judgements about people based on how they look, think and act.
- Only accepting or including people who look or think like us.
- Not acknowledging someone’s hard work/efforts or achievement of goals.
- Interrupting, talking over or ignoring others.
Can I do more to show my colleagues I care about them and value working with them?
Am I communicating openly?
Am I using respectful and inclusive language?
When someone is sharing their ideas with me, am I really listening to understand them?
Wherever we are and whatever we are doing, we care for each other.