We commit to responsible environmental management and strive to protect the environment.
Working with others
The environment supports life. We all depend on natural resources like clean water, air and productive land. We all have a responsibility to prevent and minimise harm to the environment.
We understand the environmental impacts and challenges of our activities. At every stage of our operations, we seek to avoid, minimise, rehabilitate and offset our impact by conserving natural resources, reducing waste and emissions, preventing environmental harm and caring for ecosystems.
We work with our communities and stakeholders to create opportunities to enhance environmental and beneficial outcomes to water quality, livelihoods and biodiversity.
- Never ignore something which we think could cause environmental harm.
- Comply with permits, applicable legislative requirements and external commitments.
- Report environmental hazards and incidents.
- Strive to manage our environmental risks and minimise environmental impacts.
- Engage with our stakeholders to help us understand our effects and their expectations.
- Consider our greenhouse gas emission profile in planning our operations e.g. buying new equipment.
- Clearing land without the proper environmental authority.
- Not managing or monitoring our tailing storage facilities.
- Not considering mine closure at the start of, and during, operations.
- Not having adequate controls to prevent pollution or water depletion.
- Incorrectly storing or handling hazardous substances, causing environmental and personal safety harm.
- Not completing required training or seeking to understand our potential environmental impacts.
Do we have the right approvals to undertake this activity?
Could my actions cause harm to the environment? And if so, what have I done to mitigate them?
Is there an environmental control in place? Do I need to move, change or modify the control mechanism?
Do I know how to respond to an environmental incident?
Working with others
Our communities and environment are key to our success.