We protect and respect OceanaGold’s assets and use them only for proper business purposes.
Working with integrity
Our assets include physical items – such as mining fleets, IT equipment, facilities. Our assets also include non-physical items such as information about OceanaGold which is confidential and not public such as commercial and financial information, intellectual property, information about third parties and exploration results.
Protecting and using our assets only for their intended purpose helps us perform better and maintain the trust of our colleagues and stakeholders.
- Use OceanaGold assets responsibly in our work and only for their intended purpose.
- Keep complete and accurate records relating to all OceanaGold assets.
- Keep OceanaGold’s business information confidential and secure.
- Take care only to disclose information to a third party where permitted and with appropriate protections.
- Follow OceanaGold’s policies and procedures when creating, managing or destroying records (e.g. emails, internal memos, other reports).
- Falsely claiming expenses, time worked, or work done.
- Taking or misusing assets including money, equipment, supplies or other property.
- Not checking if information is confidential before sharing it.
- Discussing confidential information in public places where others can hear.
- Sharing our passwords or security access with another person.
- Accessing, downloading or sharing unauthorised software or inappropriate content.
Is this how I would want my personal property to be used?
Even if I believe I am doing the right thing, could others see it differently?
Is this information available outside of OceanaGold?
Am I over-sharing?
Please contact the Legal team if you require any assistance.
Working with integrity
Working with integrity means doing the right thing even when no one is watching. It also means doing what we say we are going to do.
Corruption & dishonesty
We want to contribute and succeed fairly and honestly. We do not give, accept, ask for, offer or authorise anything that might improperly influence a decision.
Giving & receiving
We contribute and build relationships through mutual respect and transparency. Giving and receiving must never improperly influence ours or others’ decisions.
Conflicts of interest
We take care that our decisions in our work are not influenced by interests which could conflict with OceanaGold’s.
We collect, use, store and dispose of personal information responsibly and legally.
We handle insider information responsibly and do not engage in insider trading. We do not use confidential or insider information for personal gain for ourselves or others.