Our Code guides us in our work, but it cannot cover every situation. When faced with a decision you are unsure about, ask yourself these questions.
Living our code
We must always act with Integrity and make decisions that are in the best interests of OceanaGold. This could include decisions that we make in our personal life that could impact other people who work with us or OceanaGold’s reputation.
To help us make good decisions, we should use our Values and Success Ingredients to guide us.
Take the time to consider these questions, and if you are unsure, stop and think before you act. You can always ask for help if you need it.
- Do I have the knowledge, training and tools I need?
- Do I need to ask for guidance or check our standards or procedures?
- Am I making assumptions?
- Am I living our Values and our Success Ingredients?
- Do I feel pressured, tired, or rushed?
- Do I need to speak up or ask for help?
- Could there be unintended consequences e.g. for individuals, communities, the environment
- Could this decision conflict with OceanaGold’s interests or impact our reputation?
- Could it look wrong or unethical?
- Would I feel ok if others knew about the decision and actions?
- Do I need to explain OceanaGold’s expectations and standards to those involved?
Living our code
Our Code of Conduct is core to who we are and how we work. It is based on our values, sets expectations and guides our decisions.
What we value
Our vision is to be a company that people trust, want to work and partner with, supply and invest in. Our values guide the actions we take to bring this vision to life.
Every concern is different and will be handled slightly differently, depending on what it is and how you speak up. Find out why it is important to speak up.
Every time we have contact with another person in the workplace we are contributing to the culture of our workplace. We all make many decisions in our day – some simple, some not so simple.