We care for and respect each other, speak up if something isn’t right and support others when they do.
Fairness and respect
We all want to feel safe, included and respected at work. We can all do our part to create a workplace where everyone feels this way.
Sexual harassment, bullying and unfair treatment have no place at OceanaGold.
How we behave is a choice. The way we talk, joke, socialise and act, all contribute to workplace culture. So does what we accept of others.
- Consider others’ thoughts, feelings and perspectives.
- Understand what discrimination and vilification, harassment and sexual harassment, and bullying and victimisation and violence can look, feel and sound like – and know that we don’t do it.
- If we feel safe and comfortable, act when we experience, see or hear about inappropriate behaviour or materials.
- Care for and support people impacted by inappropriate behaviour.
- If someone speaks to us about our words or actions, take the time to reflect on, understand, and learn from, their point of view.
- Role model appropriate behaviours and professional relationships.
- Tolerating bad behaviour because of the person’s status such as role seniority, community influence, longevity or because they are said to be a “high performer”.
- Failing to check if someone is ok if you see them upset or struggling.
- Treating someone less fairly because they didn’t respond well to your joke or didn’t agree with your opinion.
- Deliberately not giving people all the information they need to safely and effectively meet the expectations of their job.
- Being dismissive or using patronising language.
- Not paying attention to how people are responding to your words or actions.
Do I understand what acceptable boundaries are at work? Am I being overly familiar with colleagues in my words and actions?
Am I making an unfair judgment about someone? Have I checked all the facts?
Am I consistent in how I treat everyone, regardless of their background?
Wherever we are and whatever we are doing, we care for each other.