We handle insider information responsibly and do not engage in insider trading. We do not use confidential or insider information for personal gain for ourselves or others.
Working with integrity
In our jobs, we may have access to insider information – that is confidential information which would reasonably be expected to have a significant effect on our share price, the value of our business, or the value or share price of our business partners.
It’s fine to know inside information but it is illegal to share, personally use or encourage someone else to use it to buy, sell or otherwise deal in securities. This is called insider trading or tipping.
To maintain our integrity and trust in us, we must protect and respect Company information and information gathered about our business partners.
- Take care to keep any insider information strictly confidential.
- Never use or disclose insider information about OceanaGold or business partners for personal gain or to assist another.
- Do not trade in securities of OceanaGold or business partners when we possess insider information.
- Follow the blackout periods when it is not possible to trade in OceanaGold securities.
- If we are not sure, ask our legal team for advice.
- Not exercising caution before using confidential information.
- Not checking that the information we have is public before using it.
- Discussing information obtained at work with our family or friends.
- Making recommendations to our family or friends about whether to buy or sell OceanaGold securities or securities of a business partner.
Is this information available outside of OceanaGold? Am I over-sharing?
Have I checked OceanaGold’s policy on securities trading?
Have I done all I can to keep OceanaGold information confidential?
Please contact the Legal team if you require any assistance.
Please also review the OceanaGold Securities Trading Policy for more information.
Working with Integrity
Working with integrity means doing the right thing even when no one is watching. It also means doing what we say we are going to do.
Corruption & dishonesty
We want to contribute and succeed fairly and honestly. We do not give, accept, ask for, offer or authorise anything that might improperly influence a decision.
Giving & receiving
We contribute and build relationships through mutual respect and transparency. Giving and receiving must never improperly influence ours or others’ decisions.
Conflicts of interest
We take care that our decisions in our work are not influenced by interests which could conflict with OceanaGold’s.
We collect, use, store and dispose of personal information responsibly and legally.
We protect and respect OceanaGold’s assets and use them only for proper business purposes.