We all have a responsibility to consider our own and each other’s health and wellbeing. We want everyone to go home healthy and well each day.
Health and wellbeing
Working conditions and the demands of work can be a source of stress and affect health and wellbeing. Providing our workforce with an environment that supports them mentally and physically is vital for individuals, their families and the community.
Our activities can potentially expose people to substances, situations, and behaviours, immediately and over time, that can cause harm, so we monitor our workplaces and local communities to manage and reduce our impact on people’s health and wellbeing.
- Consider the health and wellbeing of our workforce and others in how we work.
- Take the time to connect with our team members.
- Provide services that support the health and wellbeing of our workforce.
- Provide information, education and training, as well as monitoring on potential workplace and community exposures.
- Understand the role workplace safety plays in people’s health and wellbeing.
- Participate in strategies and programs to identify, understand and reduce exposure to occupational health hazards.
- Support those with long term physical and psychological conditions to assist in their safe return to work
- Ignoring or not understanding the potential exposures in our workplace.
- Seeing someone struggling and not doing anything to assist or support them.
- Being unaware of discriminating and excluding behaviours and attitudes.
- Placing unnecessary pressure on ourselves or our teams.
- Excluding someone because they don’t look, think or act like you.
As a leader, am I supporting my team?
Am I really listening? Do I understand?
Do I have the right tools to do my job including training and equipment?
Please contact the Health and Safety team if you require any assistance.
Please also review the OceanaGold Health and Safety Policy for more information.
Wherever we are and whatever we are doing, we care for each other.
At OceanaGold, we want everyone to feel they belong and are accepted, included and respected.
Fairness and respect
We care for and respect each other, speak up if something isn’t right and support others when they do.
Safety is everyone’s responsibility. We want everyone to go home safe and well each day.