We work collaboratively with our suppliers to do business with integrity and accountability.
Working with others
Suppliers are a key relationship for OceanaGold and we have the potential to influence suppliers’ behaviour. Working with suppliers who share and respect our values reduces the risk of harm to people and the environment.
Having clear expectations and working with our suppliers to do the right thing can reduce risks to us and our communities and achieve better outcomes.
- Take steps to understand who our suppliers are and whether the standards to which they operate align with ours.
- Think about what our suppliers do for us, where they do it and how – keeping in mind how this could create risks.
- Do not use our position to inappropriately benefit ourselves or those close to us.
- Help our suppliers to understand our expectations, including our Supplier Code of Conduct.
- Make sure our selection of suppliers, and compensation arrangements, is fair, transparent and documented.
- If selecting or managing suppliers is part of our job, make sure we know our Supplier Code of Conduct.
- When selecting suppliers, comply with any applicable laws, including relating to trade sanctions.
- Strive to share knowledge and improve together.
- Not explaining our expectations to suppliers, causing them to do something wrong on our behalf.
- Getting too close to a supplier and increasing the chance of a conflict of interest, collusion, corruption, or fraud.
- Not considering potential modern slavery risks in our supply chain, which may contribute to human suffering.
- Acting too quickly and appointing an unqualified supplier whose standards may violate Our Code.
- Not monitoring supplier invoicing, payments, and the use of our assets, making us more vulnerable to risks, including fraud.
Do I know enough about this supplier’s background?
Have I taken the time to explain our expectations?
Do I know what this supplier is doing for us and how they are doing it?
Working with others
Our communities and environment are key to our success.