We all want to come to work and know we are safe and respected, will be treated fairly, and can do the right thing by ourselves and others.
Gerard Bond – CEO
At OceanaGold we mine gold for a better future. We aspire to be a company that people trust and want to work for and partner with and want to supply and invest in, to create value.
I am proud of what we do and how we strive to do it. We operate globally, with each location having its own history and characteristics. What unites us is our Values and how we behave: Care, Respect, Integrity, Performance and Teamwork are at the core of who we are and how we will conduct ourselves.
Every day I try to live our Values to the best of my ability. If I don’t get it right, I expect – and want – to be called out. I ask the same of everyone at OceanaGold: make our Values part of how you work, talk about them and stand up for them if you think they are not being followed.
We all want to come to work and know we are safe and respected, that we will be treated fairly, and that we can do the right thing by ourselves and others.
When we live our Values, we have:
- CARE for each other, the environment and our local communities.
- RESPECT and listen to each other and embrace diversity in all its forms.
- INTEGRITY, doing the right thing and taking accountability to deliver on our commitments.
- PERFORMANCE, striving for excellence through learning, continuously improving and innovating.
- TEAMWORK, achieving great outcomes when we all contribute and work together.
Our Code of Conduct exists to help guide all of us in our decision-making and is supportive of our Values. Please follow our Code of Conduct at all times and if you are ever unsure, or something does not seem right, I ask you to speak up – this is not always easy, but it is critical to our success.