We take care that our decisions in our work are not influenced by interests which could conflict with OceanaGold’s.
Working with integrity
Conflicts of interest
Every day, we work to build trust with our workforce, suppliers, communities and investors. This trust can be damaged if it looks like our judgment is affected by personal interests. Disclosing and managing conflicts of interest protects us individually and OceanaGold.
Not all conflicts of interest are a problem, but we need to be transparent about them to assess and manage them.
- Do not use our position to benefit ourselves or those close to us unfairly.
- Consider if our interests conflict (or appear to conflict) with OceanaGold’s interests.
- Speak up if we are unsure.
- Disclose any potential or actual conflict as soon as we become aware of it.
- Manage any conflicts of interest transparently and fairly and in the best interests of OceanaGold.
- Where we cannot avoid a conflict of interest, disclose it so it can be managed.
- Accepting overly generous benefits can make us feel obligated to the giver.
- Personal relationships or relationships with suppliers or competitors that can leave us torn between the interests of OceanaGold and the interests of the supplier or competitor.
- Hiring, promoting or supervising a family member or someone with whom you live or have a close relationship.
- Not disclosing investments or directorships in a supplier or competitor.
Does this conflict with my responsibilities to OceanaGold?
Could this affect my ability to make fair and objective decisions?
Even if I’m confident I can be objective, could others see it differently?
Please contact the Business Integrity team or Group Legal team if you require any assistance.
Please also review the OceanaGold Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Policy for more information.
Working with integrity
Working with integrity means doing the right thing even when no one is watching. It also means doing what we say we are going to do.
Corruption & dishonesty
We want to contribute and succeed fairly and honestly. We do not give, accept, ask for, offer or authorise anything that might improperly influence a decision.
Giving & receiving
We contribute and build relationships through mutual respect and transparency. Giving and receiving must never improperly influence ours or others’ decisions.
We handle insider information responsibly and do not engage in insider trading. We do not use confidential or insider information for personal gain for ourselves or others.
We collect, use, store and dispose of personal information responsibly and legally.
We protect and respect OceanaGold’s assets and use them only for proper business purposes.